Rat Catching & Control in Sussex
Call now: 07791 915502
Sussex rodent treatment and removal specialists
Baileys Pest Control specialise in rat removals for any size infestation, from one-off treatments to ongoing prevention services. We are available for callouts 24/7 across Sussex and use the latest techniques meaning you benefit from effective solutions to your rat problems.
Our ecological approach includes the use of trappings, bair hoppers, pesticides, rodenticides and insecticides, and safe baiting systems in accordance with Health and Safety Risk, Assessment and COSHH.
Expert rat control services
We have years of experience in rat control throughout Sussex and have tried and tested, expert methods of detection, eradication and prevention.
Our services include:
- Free initial site surveys
- Transparent pest control agreements
- Infestation reports and action plans
- One off or routine treatments, contracts available
- Trappings, bair hoppers, pesticides, rodenticides and insecticides
- Use of safe baiting systems in accordance with Health and Safety Risk, Assessment and COSHH
- Recording system and documentation to meet the requirements of the Environmental Health officer’s inspections
Learn more about rat and rodent control here.
Commercial and domestic rat removal
We work with both commercial and domestic or residential properties in Sussex to remove and prevent rat infestations. We are also proud to have worked with the Mid Sussex District Council, Hastings Directs and local schools.
Who we work with includes:
- Bars, pubs and restaurants
- Food manufacturers and caterers
- Hospitality properties – hotels, B&Bs
- Shops and malls
- Industrial sites
- Farm and agriculture (buildings and land)
- Private homeowners
- Landlords and residents
- Social housing organisations
We understand how important it is for businesses and homes to remove rats to carry on with normal life, without the added stress and worry they can bring. Using our skills and experience, we will create the best solution for you as quickly as possible.
One year guarantee on our rat removal services
Once we have removed rats from your commercial or domestic property, we have a 100% guarantee that they will not return for one year.
If you suspect a rat infestation in Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath or the surrounding areas, contact Baileys Pest Control. We can eradicate the infestation for you, helping to keep you, your family, and/or your staff (if you’re a Sussex Business) safe in your surroundings.
How to spot a rat problem
It can be difficult to detect a rat or rats if you’ve never dealt with them before and aren’t sure of the signs. If you think you may have a rat infestation in your building, follow these steps:
- Look for rat droppings which are distinctive and are on average 12mm (1/2 inch) long. These can be described as ‘spindle shaped’, commonly tapering to a point either or both ends. Normal mouse droppings are one third to half the size.
- Look for grease marks from the rat body as they brush or rub past objects.
- Look for gnaw marks where rats may have bitten wires, cabling or your possessions (particularly in loft or storage spaces)
- Can you see any rat holes? These indicate that rats have been in the property burrowing and nesting.
- Check for footprints where rats may be treading; these are easiest to spot in dusty areas of a property.
A rat in Sussex (or anywhere else for that matter) produces about 40 droppings each day, with a mouse producing about twice as many. The most likely rats for an infestation in the UK are the Brown Rat (Norway Rat) and the Black Rat (Roof Rat).
Rats spread damage and disease in Sussex
A rodent increase can be a cause for concern as rodents are particularly dangerous due to their ability to spread human pathogens and disease among the population, including residents and workers in Sussex.
- Rats can spread disease around such as Weils disease, Salmonellosis, rat bite fever, Lymphocytic choriomeningitis and murine typhus.
- Rats cause damage to stock and buildings. Rodent’s sharp teeth can gnaw through cables, plastic, wooden doors and even mild steel.
- Rats contaminate foodstuffs and goods. Rat droppings, hairs and their urine can be found in foodstuffs, resulting in high costs in cleaning and in the repackaging of commodities.
In recent times rats have become more of a problem across Sussex in areas such as Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath and others. In some areas, we’re seeing the rat population reaching record levels.
Threats from rats and rodents
It is vitally important to contact a specialist rat control company as quickly as possible to investigate the source of your rats to both eradicate them and prevent a further infestation.
Leaving the issue can contribute to a number of issues for companies, which is why we act quickly and effectively:
- Legal — failure to comply with legislation, including Health and Safety at Work etc. Act (1974) and Food Safety Act (1990).
- Hygiene rating — rats can infiltrate both goods and foodstuffs, and impact on your health and hygiene reputation. Any pest control issues will have a negative effect on your restaurant food hygiene rating.
- Environmental health cost – Temporary business closure may be necessary.
- Bad press and media coverage – This is particularly troubling for eateries and restaurants.
- Fire risk and structural damage – These results can lead to expensive repair bills. Left to their own devices, rats will gnaw and burrow.
Customer reviews from around Sussex
“We had a rat issue caused by a component failure in the drain. John arrived within the hour of my call, replaced the component and took further measures to reduce the chances of a repeat. He was thoroughly professional and efficient and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.”
“Really professional, managed to get to my flat within a couple of hours, lay traps and catch the mouse in my kitchen after first attempt, definitely recommend in the future”
“I reside close to a stream and noticed that I had a number of rats coming up from the stream and entering my garden. I contacted Bailey Pest Control for a solution. John came out within 4 hrs, laid rat boxes in a secure place and promised it would require just 2 further visits to eradicate. True to word, since John has been we have had no more rats visible. John was very professional and his costs were reasonable. I would highly recommend John.”
Burgess Hill Customer
Sussex rat problems – arrange a free site survey now
Call 07791915502 or 01273 775941 or email email@example.com 24/7 for rat control and capture throughout Sussex.
Call to book a free site survey and to let us know about your infestation, or schedule a regular control service visit to prevent further infestations. We work across Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Lewes and any other area within Sussex.